and Conditions of Sale
None of the following terms affect your statutory
rights as a consumer.
In these terms and conditions 'the Seller' means Solid
Wood Company UK Limited, and 'the Buyer' means any person(s) or company
buying goods from the Seller. 'Goods' means any furniture equipment
or other chattels, whether or not intended to become affixed to realty,
sold under the contract. 'The contract' means any contract to which
these conditions apply.
Purchase, Price and Payment
1. The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase
the products in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller
which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the
Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including but not limited to orders
placed using the Seller’s electronic online ordering service,
subject in any case to these conditions, which shall govern the contract
to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which
any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such
order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer. No servant or
agent of the Company has authority to vary or waive any of these Conditions,
except a Director doing so in writing.
2. Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales
literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other
document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction
without any liability on the part of the Seller.
3. Payment of the price shall be due at the date of the order.
4. If the Seller is unable to deliver the goods ordered by the Buyer
within 30 days due to insufficient stock then the amount paid by the
Buyer will be refunded at the Buyers request until the stock is available.
The Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment
5. If an Order is Cancelled by the Buyer which has been accepted by
the Seller then a full refund of any money received will be made within
30 days, with the following exceptions:
- Any delivery charges incurred will be deducted from any refund
- Any manufacturers’ cancellation charges will be deducted from
6. Notwithstanding any other provision herein title in the Products
shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received payment in
1. Delivery of the products shall be made by the Seller
or his agent notifying the Buyer that the products are ready for delivery
to such place as the Buyer may specify at the time the order is placed.
2. All orders over £300 for delivery to addresses within mainland
GB are delivered free of charge, but does not cover delivery to Overseas,
Ireland, Isle of Wight, the Channel Islands or any of the Scottish Isles.
For delivery prices to these locations, please phone or email us. A
separate quotation will be offered at time of enquiry.
3. The Seller shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed
4. Responsibility for the goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
5. The Seller shall be entitled to delay or cancel delivery if it is
prevented from or hindered in or delayed in manufacturing, obtaining
or delivering the products by normal routes or means of delivery through
circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to strikes,
lock outs, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of power
at the Seller’s premises or its manufacturing plant, breakdown
of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials
from a natural source of supply.
6. The Buyer agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by the
Seller through the Buyers instructions or lack of instructions or through
failure or delay in taking delivery or through any acts or default on
the part of the Buyer, its servants, agents or employees.
7. If the Buyer fails to make any payments in accordance with the terms
and conditions hereof the Seller may defer shipments or deliveries until
receipt of payment is made.
1. All goods supplied by the Seller come with a manufacturer’s
structural warranty of at least 12 months.
2. The Seller shall provide the Buyer with such information as is required
to claim under the manufacturer's warranties. In the event of a claim,
the Buyer shall in the first instance contact the Seller's customer
3. Except as stated above, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer
by reason of any representation or any implied condition or warranty
or any duty at common law or under the express terms of the Contract
for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of
profit or otherwise) costs, or expenses (whether caused by the negligence
of the Seller, its employees, agents or otherwise) which arise out of
or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or re-sale
by the Buyer. The Seller is not liable for punitive costs howsoever
4. Subject as expressly provided in these conditions, and except where
the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning
of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) all warranties, conditions or
other terms by statue or common law are excluded to the fullest permitted
by the law. The Customer is advised to insure accordingly.
Damages & Returns
1. Any damage to the product must be reported within
7 days of delivery to the Seller's customer services department. If
there is going to be a delay in the Buyer's ability to check the goods,
this delay must be notified to the Seller prior to delivery. Subsequent
damage reported must be of a structural nature as part of a defect in
2. The Buyer can cancel an order provided by the Seller provided that
written notice is given to the Seller’s customer service department
within 7 working days of receipt of the goods. The Buyer must ensure
they take reasonable care of the goods received and make them available
for collection. The Buyer will be charged the direct cost of returning
the goods. Any money which has been paid by the Buyer will be refunded
within 30 days provided that the Seller receives the goods in the same
condition they were in at the time of delivery to the Buyer in their
original packaging or similar, as items which are not adequately packaged
at time of collection will not be collected, with the following exceptions:
- Any delivery charges incurred will be deducted from any refund
Description of Goods
1. In the event a product is listed with an incorrect
price, incorrect description or incorrect image due to typographical
error or error in information from our suppliers, we shall have the
right to refuse or cancel any orders listed whether or not the order
has been confirmed
2. Any variation agreed between the Parties as to the Goods to be sold
must be in writing and shall be deemed to be an amendment to the Contract
and shall not constitute a new Contract.
• English law is the proper law of the Contract and all disputes
arising in connection with it are subject to the jurisdiction of the
enquires or to request a copy of our latest catalogue, click on the
following email link: email@example.com
our online Catalogue